Phlebotomists are highly specialized members of the health care team working with patients of all ages in a wide range of health care settings. Phlebotomists are often the first medical professional that interact with the patients. They have an opportunity to create a positive impression on behalf of the entire health care system.
Phlebotomy is more than a job. It offers flexible hours, good pay and an opportunity to help others.
Zurik Healthcare Institute offers the Phlebotomy Technician program over a nine week period with classes held three days a week.
The program will be delivered in two phases namely the classroom phase and the clinical phase. The course covers 70 hours of theory and 20 hours of hands-on experience in both intravenous and capillary blood drawing in a clinical setting and lectures in phlebotomy related concepts. The student will be expected to perform a minimum of 25 successful unsupervised venipuncture using standard equipment, as well as a syringe and butterfly apparatus.
- High School graduation or successful completion of the GED exam
- Reading Native Compass test with score of 77 or higher, or ESL Compass test with a score of 90 or higher
- Valid US Social Security Number
- Successful passing of Criminal Background Check
- $1,075 for Classroom and Skills Lab and Clinical activities ONLY
- $ 818 includes classroom, skills lab and clinical activities, uniform, gait belt, picture ID, background check and text book
- An Orientation session is mandatory and must be attended prior to starting your first day of class. No exceptions.