At Zurik Healthcare Institute, you gain competencies in a high demand career as a Certified Nursing Assistant. You also become marketable for continuous employment with various career advancement opportunities once you are hired.
In the CNA program, you will learn by hands on in laboratory mode and vibrant health facilities. Tests are conducted periodically to keep you abreast of your progress.
The Basic Nursing Assistant Training Program at Zurik Healthcare Institute is based on the Illinois Department of Public Health approved curriculum. The program is designed to impart to students the requisite competencies for efficient and effective nursing assistance in the healthcare system.
The core curriculum covers the following subjects:
- Functioning as a member of the health care team
- Body functions and systems
- Assistance in diagnosis and vital signs
- Rights and safety of residents
- Nutrition and personal care
- Care of Patients with special needs
The program consists of a minimum of 86 hours of theory and 40 hours of practical. These are scheduled over 8-9 weeks.
Zurik Healthcare Institute offers the program four times in a year, in the FALL, WINTER, SPRING and SUMMER Quarters. All classes are scheduled between the hours of 9:00 am to 2:30 pm weekdays.
- Periodic tests and reports evaluate the progress of students.
- Success if the State finals examination is required for CNA Certification.
Registration, Tuition and other Fees
|Handout and Supplies||$75.00|